Discernment means interpreting the interior movements of your soul:
How might God be speaking to you? And how do we do that? How do we listen for that gentle whisper of God’s voice in our heart?
Take time every day to pray. And don’t just spend the time talking to God. Make sure you spend time listening. A lot of time. Quiet your mind and listen in your heart for God. Visit our Prayer Tools page for prayer resources including Scripture verses to help you focus.
Sacrifice a bit of yourself and do some service work. We encounter Christ in those in need and he speaks to us there. Check out some places to volunteer below or you can always volunteer at your local parish.
View Service Opportunities:
- Volunteer at Emmaus Ministry or the Samaritan Center to help feed the hungry and the homeless.
- Volunteer at Joseph House for Women and help young, single mothers to choose life.
- Volunteer at Francis House to help comfort those who have a terminal illness.
- Volunteer at Catholic charities of Broome County and help feed the hungry and homeless.
- Volunteer at Catholic Charities of Oswego County and help feed the hungry and homeless.
- Volunteer at Catholic Charities of Cortland County and help feed the hungry and homeless.